The Leadership Academy
Beginning September 1st, 2019, the Financial Health Institute will launch The Leadership Academy (for Health and Human Services), an innovative approach to integrating a competency-based, comprehensive learning experience into professional development where outcomes can be tracked over time.
As I am sure you are aware, there are many potential frustrations when you consider how training and professional development programs are currently delivered in our field.
If you are a manager or supervisor, you are probably tired of feeling like you are wasting time and money by sending your staff to trainings, not knowing if they are gaining any significant skills that add value to their work. Or maybe you are frustrated with trainings because you know they are great in theory but there’s never a strategy for how the skills get implemented in your workplace. And what about retention and improvement of those skills? How much do your staff remember about what they learned, six months later?
Or maybe you are a case manager or other front-line staff member and you are concerned with the lack of opportunities to practice the skills you have learned so you can improve in your job. Or perhaps you feel frustrated because you don’t see a path for professional development without going back to college…
Integrated Learning Solutions
The Leadership Academy (TLA) has been designed to address these issues. Over the past 12 years, FHI has been a leader in developing innovative training programs. We developed the Integrated Learning Program method to eliminate the frustration of trainings that are “one and done” –that is, where there are no opportunities to practice skills or integrate what you’ve learned into the workplace. The Leadership Academy is the logical extension of Integrated Learning Programs.
By fully embracing learning technologies, a person-centered/data-driven model, and a blended approach to learning, The Leadership Academy will launch and deliver innovative, competency-based trainings that can be fully integrated into the workplace.
This is a pretty big, new project and so we have decided to have a “soft launch” with a few programs beginning September 1st to get some momentum moving on this idea. Then, we will follow up with an anticipated hard launch on January 1, 2020! Here’s what will be available in September:
TLA programs available 9/1/19:
- Financial Health Integrated Learning Program
- Motivational Interviewing Integrated Learning Program
- Person-Centered/Data-Driven Organization Integrated Learning Program
- Navigator Certificate Program
- Quarterly forums for skills practice
- Conversations on Economic Mobility – “Exploring Cliff Effect and Policy”
Other TLA Services we will be offering available 9/1/19
- Customized Training System Design and Analysis
- Customized Integrated Learning Design for your current programs
- Customized Program Design
- Conference Design, Implementation and Analysis
- Developing Organizational Training Strategies
- Operational Excellence in NPO’s
- Community Systems for Economic Mobility
Anticipated TLA Programs 1/1/20:
- Case Manager Level 1 – Competency-Based Program
- Supervisor Level 1 – Competency-Based Program
- Trauma Informed Organization Integrated Learning Program
We will continue to develop our own expertise in these areas, like our robust Integrated Learning Programs and online learning. But we are also reaching out to find help from other organizations and individuals that can help us be a better resource to the human services and economic development worlds. If you are interested in learning more about getting involved in The Leadership Academy or how to participate in the “soft launch,” please send me a note! I’d love to hear your thoughts!